NOTE: All of our necklaces that have gold parts, chains, charms etc. are plated, meaning they are coated in a layer of gold, ranging from 14K-18K. Any substance that isn't PH neutral can affect the gold plating, including water, perfumes, creams, makeup, detergents, and more. To extend the quality of the plating, we recommend following these guidelines when handling our jewelry.
1. Don’t wear your jewelry when swimming or in the shower.
2. Don’t wear plated jewelry when you'll be sweating profusely.
3. Put plated jewelry on AFTER applying perfumes, lotions, etc.
4. Wash hands before putting on & taking off plated jewelry.
5. Store plated jewelry in a pouch or soft cloth separate from other jewelry.